Dhokla is a vegetarian food item that originates from the Indian state of Gujarat. It is made with a fermented batter derived from rice and split chickpeas. ... Dhokla is very similar to Khaman, and the terms are frequently used interchangeably.
INGREDIENTS OF STEAMED DHOKLA
1 cup gram flour (besan)
1 Tbsp citric acid
1 Tbsp sugar
Salt to taste
Pinch of turmeric
Water to make batter
1 Tbsp/ baking powder, dissolved in water
FOR THE TADKA:
1 Tbsp oil
1/2 Tbsp mustard seeds
1 dried red chilli
7-8 curry leaves
HOW TO MAKE STEAMED DHOKLA
1. In a bowl mix gram flour, citric acid, salt, sugar and turmeric. Add water and make it into a smooth batter with medium thick consistency.
2. In a glass make add the fruit salt or baking powder. Add water to it and pour this into the dhokla mixture.
3. Grease the steaming tin with 2 drops of oil and por the mixture into it. Steam for about 15-20 minutes or till cooked.
4. n a pan, add oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chillies. Let it splutter.
5. Pour the tadka over the prepared dhokla.
6. Cut into pieces and serve.
Parmanand & Sons Food Products Private Limited 2017. All rights reserved